Heart of Bucks – Young People’s Wellbeing Fund
To encourage positive activities which enhance emotional wellbeing and resilience during non-school time for children and young people, for example:
• Equipping people with strategies and tools to manage their emotional wellbeing
• Improving resilience
• Improving knowledge and understanding of the symptoms of mental ill health
• Improving knowledge of and access to the sources of support available
• Breaking negative cycles which can limit children’s life chances
Applications are invited from projects promoting positive emotional wellbeing for children and young people in Buckinghamshire (excluding Milton Keynes) through out-of-school activities. Gains in positive emotional well-being should be an intentional outcome of the project, rather than a positive side-effect of another activity.
Funding decisions will be notified in late May 2023 and so the project/funding start date you select must be no earlier than 1st June 2023.
Projects should aim to start running before the end of 2023. We expect grants to be spent within 12 months and it is possible that continuation funding may be available after this first phase.
Who can apply?
Registered charities, Charitable Incorporated Organisations, community groups, social enterprises, Community Interest Companies (limited by guarantee), Community Benefit Societies or other not for profit organisations which are based in or operate for the benefit of residents in the area administered by Buckinghamshire Council. This includes parish & town councils.
The groups must be formally constituted and operate exclusively for public benefit.
What we can fund:
- Project costs – such as hire of venues, trainers, refreshments etc
- Core/overhead costs – where these are required to deliver a defined project
- Capital expenditure – we would not expect capital costs to exceed 25% of the overall project cost. Please contact us to discuss further if you think you may need to exceed this
What we can’t fund:
- Taking place during school hours
- Promoting a particular religious or political belief
- Overseas travel
- Projects which are already completed
- Statutory bodies (excluding parish/town councils)
- Profit-making organisations
- Activity which is a statutory responsibility of a public body
- Whose principal purpose is animal welfare
- Who have shareholders (Community Benefit Societies are permitted)
- Schools or school affiliated bodies
For more information and how to apply click here: