Aviva Community Fund
We’ve been running the Aviva Community Fund for over four years, and we’re proud to have helped thousands of small charities and good causes build stronger communities all across the UK.
And now, we’ve teamed up with Crowdfunder to give charities and community interest companies the opportunity to further build their capabilities, drive sustainable fundraising and leverage our talented and enthusiastic workforce to get their best and brightest ideas off the ground.
- Take Part
- Eligible causes will be able to submit their projects to the Aviva Community Fund through Crowdfunder. Funding applications are open to projects looking to raise up to £50,000.
We’ve streamlined the process so that, unlike earlier years, there are no activity categories or funding levels you need to select. If you need any help, we’ll guide you through the process with free toolkits and resources.
Take a risk
We’ve always supported people through life’s challenges and opportunities which is why, at this current time, we’ve extended our criteria to support any causes needing help through the COVID crisis, in addition to our usual focus on forward-thinking projects.
If your application is accepted into the next round, your crowdfunding page will go live at the same time as all other eligible causes, so everyone gets an equal opportunity to attract donations.
Take it away
The power is in the hands of Aviva employees to decide how the Aviva Community Fund money is distributed. Between them, they’ll have £250,000 of Fund money to donate to the projects that matter to them most.
You’ll also have the opportunity to reach out to your networks and the general public to raise your target amount by sharing links through social media and more.
Once you’ve reached your fundraising target, you can withdraw the funds and get to work.
We want to support projects that boost the resilience of communities in the face of uncertainty, so we’re investing in two key areas:
• Community resilience: tackling inequality and improving environments to build more connected, more resilient communities
• Financial capability and inclusion: giving people the tools to become more financially independent
We believe that the charities that make the biggest impact are those that are given the opportunity to innovate and test new ideas without fear of risk. That’s why we’re focusing on funding small charities with forward-thinking ideas. To this end, any projects submitted should be to develop a new approach, product or technology, pilot a new scheme, implement a new initiative, or expand existing services to a new area or beneficiary group.
In addition, for this round of funding, we have broadened the eligibility criteria to include covering the core running costs of causes looking to adapt or continue their vital services throughout the COVID-19 outbreak.
Your project must also:
- Be submitted by an applicant aged 18 or older
- Be UK based and for the benefit of UK communities
- Not be for the benefit of any one individual
Your organisation must also:
- Be registered in the UK as a charity or community interest company
- Have a bank account in its own name and have been operating for over 12 months
- Have an annual income below £1 million
You can review the full eligibility criteria here.
To find out more about Aviva click here