This small family trust has a small amount of funding that it offers each year to projects that meet its objectives:
- To assist in the preservation and maintenance of St Giles Church, Stoke Poges.
- To support charitable objects within Buckinghamshire and Berkshire that are within a 35 mile radius of St Giles Church, Stoke Poges.
This is a small trust with approximately £85,000 (depending on the investment performance) to award in grants each year. The Trust tends to give between 20 and 25 grants each year.
Although the funding is at the discretion of the Trustees, grants tend to be in the range of £500 to £10,000.
Match Funding Restrictions
Preference will be given to applications that obtain match funding from other sources.
Who Can Apply
Charitable organisations in Buckinghamshire and Berkshire that are within a 35 mile radius of St Giles Church, Stoke Poges can apply.
The following are not eligible for funding:
- Private companies.
- National charitable organisations unless a specific need arises with the local area.
- Groups or projects that should be funded by national or local government.
- Running costs, apart from exceptional cases within a four mile radius of Stoke Poges.
The Trust would prefer to support the following type of applications:
- One-off capital projects.
- Projects for the benefit of the public at large.
As a guide, the following are examples of some recent successful applications:
- Community halls to enhance facilities.
- Hostels, housing associations or care centres for the young, elderly, disadvantaged or disabled requiring equipment.
- Sports clubs for additional equipment.
- Primary schools for computers and the enhancement of art and drama facilities.
How To Apply
There is no formal application form. Groups should read through the online guidelines, and if they meet the criteria, they should send a letter to the Trust, either by post or by email.
Applications are accepted at any time and are considered four times throughout the year, normally in March, June, September and December. Applicants will be notified on the outcome of their application immediately after each meeting.