National Lottery Community Fund – Reaching Communities
This programme offers a larger amount of funding (over £10,000) for organisations that work with their community, whether that is for people living in the same area, or people with similar interests or life experiences.
We’re here to support communities with the things that are important to them, including mitigating the impact of the cost-of-living crisis and supporting them as they seek to recover, rebuild and grow following the Covid-19 pandemic.
In order to support communities, we fund projects and organisations which aim to:
- build strong relationships in and across communities
- improve the places and spaces that matter to communities
- help more people to reach their potential, by supporting them at the earliest possible stage.
You can apply if you’re an organisation that serves communities within England and is one of the following:
- a voluntary and community organisation
- a registered, exempt or excepted charity
- a charitable incorporated organisation (CIO)
- a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee – you must be a registered charity OR have a not-for-profit ‘asset lock’ clause in your articles of association
- a community interest company (CIC)
- a school
- a statutory body (including local authorities, town, parish or community council)
- a community benefit society
- a co-operative society – you must have a not-for-profit ‘asset lock’ clause in your society rules and also be registered with the Financial Conduct Authority
- a group of organisations, as long as they’re led by an eligible organisation.
If you’re an unincorporated group
It might be appropriate for you to incorporate. We suggest you explore this and consider the implications for your organisation.
Who we cannot accept applications from:
- sole traders
- organisations based outside the UK
- anyone who’s applying for another organisation
- organisations that look to make profits and share these profits out privately – including companies limited by shares, organisations without the right asset locks, or organisations that can pay profits to directors or shareholders.
- Organisations applying to more than one of our programmes for the same project over the same period. This is because you can’t get duplicate funding for something we’re already funding you to do. It’s okay to apply to another programme if you’ve already had an unsuccessful decision though.
- Board or committee members
For more information and how to apply click here: